Feb 092016

Health Care Connect links patients with family doctors and nurse practitioners.

If you currently have a doctor elsewhere in Ontario and are looking for a local doctor, go to… Step 1 & Step 2

Step 1 You must de-register from your current doctor, who should continue to see you until you have a local doctor. Please call Service Ontario at 1-888-218-9929 and follow the prompts to press 5 and then 3, or press 0 to speak with someone in person. Be sure to have your health card handy.

If you do not have a family doctor anywhere in Ontario go directly to… Step 2

Step 2 For a local family doctor, please register with Health Care Connect by telephone at 1-800-445-1822. Be sure to have your health card handy.


Jun 292012

Welcome to the Alliston and Area Physician Recruitment Committee website!

More information and format update soon to come.

Apr 012015

The Alliston & Area Physician Recruitment Committee had the pleasure of meeting and welcoming a new family physician, Dr. Achinder Dhadwar, to the community on Thursday, March 19, 2015. Dr. Dhadwar, has joined the family medicine team at the Tottenham Medical Centre.

Dr. Dhadwar completed her schooling at the University of Western Ontario in 2007, and then spent several years practicing in Vancouver, pursuing interests in labour and delivery, and maternal health. To our benefit, she has moved with her husband and children to the Tottenham area in order to be close to family.

Dr. Dhadwar is accepting new patients at this time. If you are in need of a family physician, please drop by the Tottenham Medical Centre at 119 Queen St N, Tottenham, ON, tel: 905-936-4211, or call HealthCare Connect at 1-800-445-1822 and they will assist in matching you with a family physician.

If you currently have a family physician that is not local to the area and would like to relocate your care, please check that Dr. Dhadwar would accept you as a patient, and then you must have your current physician complete a form to “de-roster” you from their care. The completed de-roster form is mailed to the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.